Saturday, May 9, 2009

Well, a couple of more changes for me this year!

I have changed jobs again and am now working at Tramontina USA, Inc. With the way the economy has been going I have gone back to my original carreer choice...customer service representative. This type of job will never go away and I can work at any company anywhere! Tramontina makes cookware here in the USA! Yep, right here in Houston and in Wisconsin. I don't think I ever paid much attention to instructions on how to use frying pans and such before when I bought them. Boy, have I learned a bunch....and you can actually cook DRY on a nonstick surface and it works! But on to bigger and better changes!

The best and I think the most exciting change is that I will as of May 16th, be the new "Nanny" of the Material Girls Doll Club. The Nanny is what would be referred to as the president of the club in most other circles. I really look forward to this position and hope I can do a great job.

The next change (I guess "event" would be a better word for it) will be my doll class being held the last weekend in August this summer. I am teaching my doll "Summer" that was just recently dedicated to Elaina, my friend from Romania. She gave me a Romanian painted duck egg that is painted the exact colors that Summer is dressed in - so, now Summer is holding the egg in her lap.

I am currently working on a secret sister doll for the Material Girls anniversary meeting next weekend. These are two tiny dolls about 6" in length that needed to go inside a cigar box measuring 5" x 9". I couldn't just stick them in there, so they have to have a theme too...Relaxing on an Autunm Day. I still have to finish the box and the tree so I'll post a picture after the meeting.

Thinking of starting back into my cat jackets at the local cat shows here in Houston but other than getting ready for the Houston Quilt Festival that just about wraps it up for me.

No comments: